In order to migrate to the new DPX Virtual Appliance Master server the following prerequisites must be met:
- The new DPX Virtual Appliance Master server with vStor must be installed in your environment, the OVA appliance can be downloaded from Catalogic MySupport
- Download the migration scripts from Catalogic MySupport migrationscripts.zip , extract and copy them to your old master server.
- The new Master server must have sufficient space to hold your current catalog in the /catalogic mount point
- Please download a compression utility like 7zip or Winrar and install it on your old Master server
- You need to have a temporary staging area on the new Master server to hold the migrated catalog ( this can be removed once the migration is completed)
To migrate the Master server and catalog please follow these steps:
- Shutdown DPX services on current M/S (Windows / Linux) when no jobs are running.
Windows: 5 Catalogic Services - Advanced Protection Manager, Autoupdate Master Agent, Controller Service, Web Server, CMAgent service);
Done in this order
Linux: 3 Catalogic Services. Use the following commands to terminate these in order:
1. Advanced Protection Manager -
>sudo /opt/DPX/misc/bexads stop
2. Autoupdate Master Agent -
>sudo /opt/DPX/misc/sscmagent stop autoupdate
3. CMAgent service -
>sudo /opt/DPX/misc/sscmagent stop
- Create a catalog backup directory on the Master server where the catalog backup will be stored.
- Create catalog backup - use the Catalogic assist script (
BackupCatalog <DPX_install_dir> <backup_dir>